Sunday 21 October 2012

Graffiti MTO influence





One of the artists that I'm choosing to influence my piece is a street artist that goes by the alias 'MTO,' who is French born but based in Berlin. Many of his artworks can be found throughout Europe and are usually renditions of actors or musicians.

The reason why I'm choosing MTO as an influence is because many of his works are highly detailed and realistic making his artwork almost lifelike. The use of monochromatic colours to me adds a certain element which gives the piece a darker feel. The bold red used around the body of character helps bring out the piece making it more striking and a visual focus point.

In my artwork I want to show a detailed rendition of an abused child with the bold red outline accentuating the figure so that people are drawn into the image.

References
The Very Best Of Street Graffiti Artist MTO | Shock Mansion. (n.d.). Shock Mansion . Retrieved from
http://www.shockmansion.com/2012/10/03/the-very-best-of-street-graffiti-artist-mto-30-photos/

No comments:

Post a Comment